Who We Are
Founded in 2005 in France, and now active globally we are both an Energy producer and a Service provider. We provide renewable energy solution and work actively to help our client to be a part of the energy and ecological transition worldwide.
“Improve global environment, fostering local development”
- Creation of Voltalia
- Minority stake in the capital of Voltalia Investissement, a Voltalia holding company, taken by an investment company owned by the Mulliez family;
- Commissioning of the scope of the first Voltalia plants: the Kourou biomass power plant in French Guiana (1.7 MW installed capacity) and the 3VD wind farm in France (10.2 MW installed capacity).
- Commissioning of the Coco-Banane solar farm in French Guiana (4.3 MW of installed capacity) and the La Faye wind farm (12 MW of installed capacity) in France.
- CREADEV, an investment company controlled by the Mulliez family, becomes majority shareholder of Voltalia Investissement and Sébastien Clerc is appointed Chief Executive Officer.
- First auction won in Brazil: 150MW then 170MW in wind power.
- Capital increase of €63 million, the majority subscribed by Voltalia Investissement.
- Commissioning of solar power projects in Greece (1.5 MW of installed capacity)
- Governance developments at Voltalia: Laurence Mulliez becomes Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of Voltalia.
- Transfer of Voltalia securities on the regulated market of NYSE-Euronext and capital increase of €100.1 million.
- Acquisition of a portfolio of wind power projects in development with a capacity of 379MW in France.
- In Brazil, central perimeter in operation within the Serra Branca complex with potential of approximately 1.2GW in the state of Rio Grande do Norte.
- Acquisition of Martifer Solar, a major player in the photovoltaic market worldwide. With this acquisition, new capacity in solar energy was added in Portugal and the United Kingdom, and a stronger presence in service in around ten countries.
- €170 million capital increase to finance a growth plan targeting 1 GW of installed capacity.
- Voltalia’s first solar power plant in Brazil, which includes the Oiapoque mixed power plant.
- First success in Africa: Voltalia wins a solar power plant project in Egypt (RA Solar, 32MW of installed capacity).
- Signature of the first contract for remote sites: Voltalia ensures the energy supply to telecom client in Myanmar (hybrid).
- Continued increase in growth in Africa: Voltalia signs an electricity sales contract for a 50MW project in Kenya.
- Voltalia sells developed projects to Actis/Echoenergia as part of a partnership of up to 600MW.
- In Brazil, Voltalia announces the creation of a new wind power complex, Canudos, in Bahia, with a potential of 1GW, and the construction of a 2GW connection infrastructure: the potential of the Serra Branca complex in Brazil increases to 2.4GW.
- Voltalia acquires Helexia and becomes leader in green business offerings.
- Voltalia sign the first three Corporate PPA contracts in France (158 MW).
- The target of 1GW is secured with 678 MW in operation and 397 MW under construction by the end of 2019.
- Sale of a 67 MW wind farm project and maintenance services to Total-Eren Brazil.
- Voltalia wins a turnkey construction contract followed by the operation and maintenance of three solar power plants for a total installed capacity of 134 MW in Portugal.
- Acquisition of Greensolver in Services to third-party clients.
- In Brazil, Voltalia prepares to construct its largest solar power project (270 MW), and starts the construction of a 150MW project in Brazil: Serra Branca becomes the largest mixed (solar and wind) cluster worldwide.
of clean energy produced
countries on 3 continents
Since its creation in 2005, Voltalia has been fully committed to improving the global environment while fostering local development. With the conviction that renewables are where human development and climate preservation meet, Voltalia’s teams make every effort to produce the most innovative and tailored solutions for a sustainable future.